Hi folks,

BBDB-2.34 is out. I've updated http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/ with the
new release, and also tagged CVS, and I'm updating the waider.ie
mirror right now.

In this release:
* Much display handling rewriting, courtesy of Alex Schroeder and
  Robert Fenk. It's so good, I've not even figured it out myself yet.
* The build is slightly more sane, so that ./configure with no options
  does something vaguely useful.
* Completion has been investigated, ripped apart, and largely
  rewritten. It should mostly do what you mean at this point.
* The compiler doesn't complain so much when you're building.
* Assorted bugfixes, tweaks, and features. Changelog has details.

CAVEATS:
* May not work under Emacs 19.34 if compiled.
* May not work under Win/Emacs 21.1 if compiled by hand - please make
  sure you use a raw Emacs when compiling (i.e. emacs --no-init &c.)
* Check the bbdb-info mailing list for possible solutions to
  bugs/misfeatures.

Thanks:
Robert Fenk, who's put tons of work in over the last few months.
Various other contributors, hopefully credited in the ChangeLog &
 manual.
The loons who run CVS versions of BBDB in the hope that I've not
 broken it.

Tune in next time for:
- Emacs 21.1 support, guaranteed
- Emacs 19.34 support, almost guaranteed
- Some other stuff, I'm sure.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

caitlin says, "my cat is YOWLING. what is her *damage*?"
troc says, "1d4 x3 - bite, claw, claw"