Once upon a time, BBDB used one method for the coding system for
.bbdb.  Now there is the variable bbdb-file-coding-system.

What's the right setting for this variable to provide safe migration
with no data corruption?

Stupid me, I fooled around with things.  But other people are having
problems because Emacs can't save the Latin-9 ß from my name in their
Latin-1 .bbdb file.

So I would like to find a way that BBDB loads the file in the old
coding system (whatever it was, probably Latin-1 because I have
(set-language-environment "Latin-1") in the init files), and then
saves it in a better encoding (utf-8? emacs-mule?).

Is this possible?  How do you folks deal with this?

kai
--
Silence is foo!