Alex Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I second the request to require subscription for posting.
>
> Where should bug reports go, then?  Do we require people to subscribe
> before they can send bug reports?

AFAIK, Mailman doesn't just trash the posts from unsubscribed
addresses.  They just go in a queue that the list administrator has to
review.  So, valid bug reports would be approved by the list admin and
all the spam would be rejected.  The downside is that the list admin
has to review all these unsubscribed posts.  Since the bbdb ml address
is obviously on at least one spamer's list that means the list admin
is going to have to give constant daily attention to the pending
messages queue.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543