Thorsten <quintf...@googlemail.com> writes:

> hi list,
> I know there was a similar question in this group, but unfortunately I
> don't find it anymore.
>
> I successfully installed bbdb 3 for the use with gnus. But the default
> behaviour might almost be considered a bug - the whole workflow in gnus
> is destroyed by bbdb constantly asking if I want to add some post or
> email author to the database. I almost never want to do that.
>
> Therefore I have two questions:
>
> 1. how can I turn this behaviour off?
>
> 2. is it reasonable to habe that kind of behaviour as a default? Is
>    there anybody who would want that?

I use the following snip in my gnus.  Ideally, I would also want it to
only ask when receiving "real mails", i.e. not mailing list etc., but I
haven't gotten an idea on how to do it yet.

** Santinize the BBDB
I don't care about people from usenet. Don't ask me! Always ask in all
other cases.
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun bbdb/gnus-update-selectively ()
  "Update BBDB record selectively"
  (interactive)
  (if
      (gnus-news-group-p gnus-newsgroup-name)
      (setq bbdb/gnus-update-records-p nil)
    (setq bbdb/gnus-update-records-p 'query)
    ))

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-prepare-hook 'bbdb/gnus-update-selectively)

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs