On Wed Dec 28 2011 Sam Steingold wrote:
> If I set bbdb-check-auto-save-file to t, modify the db and not save it
> right away, I am asked all the time about recovering bbdb from the auto
> save file.
> with v2, I was asked this only when bbdb was first loaded, which was useful.

This is one of the old features of BBDB where it is not clear to me
which problem they are supposed to address and what solution they
are supposed to provide. Under what conditions do you have an
auto-save file that is newer than your bbdb-file? In your opinion,
what would be a meaningful thing to do here, and why?