The correct term is not `export'.
The correct term is `sync'.
Once you have thousands records in your phone contacts and bbdb,
exporting/importing is a waste of time: you will need to sync/merge the
records by hand and it is unfeasible.

Somehow gmail manages to sync its contacts with android.
We need the same kind of functionality: a modification of a record in
bbdb should trigger an update in gmail (which will then sync with
iphone/android on its own) and vv.

This is no easy task (and I am not volunteering) - maybe we could get it
into google summer of code?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://thereligionofpeace.com http://memri.org