On Thu Jun 21 2012 Sriram Karra wrote:
> Perhaps now is a good time for me to ask this question that's been
> on my mind for a while: Apart from an extensive code cleanup, are
> there any other things to look forward to with your upcoming
> release? This is particularly important given the level of
> breakage in user customization and general backward compatibility
> (relative to 2.x).

Of course, once BBDB v3 is released, users need to be able to rely
on the new design. For me, this has been a major reason that delayed
an earlier release: Turning BBDB around once must be enough. So I
wanted to do this carefully.

By now, unless someone on this list brings up problems with BBDB v3
that remained unnoticed so far, I do not have plans to further
modify the code of BBDB (except for fixing docstrings that could
still be buggy / incomplete). In particular, I do not want to
introduce any additional incompatible changes beyond the ones
present in the current code.

> I would like to capture this question and a summary of your
> answers as a FAQ on the updated project site on sourceforge.

Thanks a lot, that will be helpful!