On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Roland Winkler <wink...@gnu.org> wrote:

> 2. If I use BBDB v3 and don't like it can I go back to v2
> > #2 can and should get fixed. I find it quite amusing in fact, the
> > bbdb-migrate stuff has always had the hooks to downgrade to an
> > earlier file format version - until now, i.e., when it is needed
> > more than ever before really :) One of these days...
>
> Well, the new format allows you to do things you could not do with
> the old format. So going back to v2 is only possible by throwing
> away the incompatible extensions in the format of v3. I do not
> consider this a satisfactory procedure.

Given v2 does not know what to do this with these incompatible extensions,
isn't throwing them away a non-issue if what the user really wants is to go
back to V2?

Further, "throwing them away" could just be stashing the fields into the
notes list.

Just for the record, can you tell us about all the changes in the file
format? I know:

- a new field called "affix" now appears as the third field of the record
- organizations is a list instead of a ';' delimited string.

-Sriram