On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Roland Winkler <wink...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Also, there is one Notes field in each record which usually holds
> the list of note fields, which in turn are cons pairs (KEY . VALUE).
> Some pieces of BBDB v2 also allowed the Notes field to be a single
> string, instead of the list of cons pairs. I do not know whether
> this was just a historical thing left over in the code, or whether
> this was still a fully supported feature. V3 definitely relies on
> having a list of cons pairs (KEY . VALUE) in the Notes field and
> bbdb-migrate converts a single Notes string accordingly. Obviously,
> going back to a Notes field with a single string would break pretty
> much everything.

OK what you are saying is v2 allows single notes string field, but a list
of cons pairs is still valid in v2, right? So a v3 "unmigrate" features
that leaves the notes field as it is in v3 (list of cons pairs) would still
produce a valid v2 database.

So yeah, an unmigrate feature certainly looks easily implementable. I'd
probably do it one of these days...

-Karra