On Sat Oct 13 2012 Alan Schmitt wrote:
> "Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Which version of emacs are you using? bbdb-complete-mail uses some
> > code for popping up a completion window that only works with GNU
> > Emacs 24. I want to replace it with something that works also with
> > GNU Emacs 23. But this is still on my to-do list.
>
> I'm on 24.2 (homebrew compiled, os x).

Then I am not sure what your problem is. I do not have 24.2. But
both 24.1 and the trunk work fine for me.

> When I try to complete and address and several match, after "tab" I get
> a window with all the possible matches. If I hit "tab" again I get the
> following message
>
> #<window ...> is not a live window
>
> where ... is a number, and the window is closed. The only time I can
> complete an address is when there is a single match.

What is tab bound to for you? By default bbdb-complete-mail gets
bound to M-tab. Can you send a backtrace of when things go wrong
(plus a description of what you did to get it)?

> I have "(setq bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)" in my configuration.

That should not be relevant here.