On Sun Oct 14 2012 Stephen Leake wrote:
> > I thought it would. The documentation says "If non-nil cycle mail
> > addresses when calling `bbdb-complete-mail'." which is exactly what I
> > want: cycle through the possible completions when completing mails. Am I
> > reading the documentation wrong?
>
> Note that the doc says "addresses", while you said "completions"; that
> is crucial.
>
> I agree it would be nice if it also cycled thru multiple matching records.

I'd find this rather orthogonal to what Emacs normally does when
opening a completions buffer. Of course, you could suggest on the
emacs-devel mailing list that for ANY Emacs completions buffer one
should be able to cycle through the listed completions. I doubt that
this would be an efficient scheme.

Note also that BBDB's cycling is different in the sense that it does
not pop up a window with the list of elements it will cycle through.
All in all, I find bbdb-complete-mail's behavior already
sufficiently different from how Emacs normally performs completions
so that I would not want to further deviate from the default
behavior.