"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

    It's a pity that a full installation of BBDB 3 needs autoconf 2.69.
    (Installing autoconf 2.69 from scratch is actually not difficult.)

Thank you for the advice I'll give it a try.

    As a workaround, you can use the file lisp/makefile-temp to compile
    the elisp files of BBDB 3 on most systems, see README.  Most
    importantly, this gives you the file lisp/bbdb-loaddefs.el that you
    should load to use BBDB 3.

    I just updated lisp/makefile-temp on savannah, so you should get it
    before trying this.

Will do.

Roland, thank you for your time, and all of your work.

    2013-10-06  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
            * lisp/makefile-temp: Add commentary.  Copy bbdb-site.el.in to
            bbdb-site.el.  Clean up.

            * README: Clean up.

    BBDB is available at
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
    To check it out, use
    git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git

    October Webinars: Code for Performance
    Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
from