"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

    As a workaround, you can use the file lisp/makefile-temp to compile
    the elisp files of BBDB 3 on most systems, see README.  Most
    importantly, this gives you the file lisp/bbdb-loaddefs.el that you
    should load to use BBDB 3.

    I just updated lisp/makefile-temp on savannah, so you should get it
    before trying this.

In a MinGW Bash shell:

$ make --makefile=./makefile-temp
/bin/cp bbdb-site.el.in bbdb-site.el
/bin/rm -f bbdb-loaddefs.el;
LC_ALL=C emacs --batch --directory=./  -l autoload \
                --eval '(setq generated-autoload-file "'`pwd`/bbdb-loaddefs.el'"
)' \
                --eval '(setq make-backup-files nil)' \
                -f batch-update-autoloads `pwd`

[I've tried messing around with makefile-temp to get rid of this:]

Opening output file: no such file or directory, c:/c/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-loaddefs.el
                                                ^^
LC_ALL=C emacs --batch --directory=./  -f batch-byte-compile bbdb-site.el
Wrote c:/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-site.elc

[...]

LC_ALL=C emacs --batch --directory=./  -f batch-byte-compile bbdb-ispell.el
Wrote c:/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-ispell.elc

... and, alas, have not been able to produce a usable bbdb-loaddefs.