On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 06:29:15PM -0500, Seth McFarland wrote:
> I'm not talking about remembering the state of my last session (and I
> realize that BBEdit will honor the size/window position saved with specific
> files, if that option is checked).
>
> I like to start with a clean slate when I start BBEdit so I have it set to
> create a new text document on start.  When I'm done with the program and
> close it, upon reopening BBEdit, I have a new text document and the window
> is no longer the size or position it was when I closed the program.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm being very clear.  I'm searching for a way to make the
> main BBEdit window retain it's size/position after program close, regardless
> of what documents I have open.

If I understand you correctly:

You want to start with a clean slate each time you open BBEdit, with a new
text document.

You want the window for this new text document to have the same size and
position as the last window you closed when you quit BBEdit.

To me, these seem like somewhat contradictory desires.

Ronald