I'm having a problem with the Save Default Window not honoring the
settings for New Text Documents.  When I create a new BBEdit text
document, size it, position it, and Save Default Window it seems
normal to expect new windows to conform. They don't on my machine
(which has been through many BBEdit version upgrades).

I sent a bug report with screen shots and got an unhelpful reply.
Maybe Bare Bones sees something different on their machines.

If I first open a previously edited document it conforms to my set
size.

The other day I installed TextWrangler. I set up a new document the
way I wanted and set the Save Default Window and Open New document
preference. Now when I launch TextWrangler it gives me the desired
window position and size. So maybe there something screwed up in a
preference file somewhere that causing the problem in BBEdit 9.

Bob