On 5-Dec-2008, at 07:54, Seth McFarland wrote:

> I'm not sure how they are contradictory at all.  My desire is for
> BBEdit to
> function the way the vast majority (> 99%?) of all Mac applications
> work.
> That is, when I start BBEdit, regardless of what documents are set
> to be
> loaded on startup (be it a new blank text document or the files that
> were
> open when the program last closed), I want the main text editing
> window to
> have the same size and position it had when BBEdit closed.
>
> Examples of this are Firefox, Safari, Textmate and Coda, just to
> name a
> few.  If you take Firefox as an example.  Regardless of whether I
> have it
> set to load tabs from the previous session on startup, the main
> Firefox
> window retains whatever position and size it had when it last closed.

Firefox is a completely different type of application.  I'll believe
you that Textmate behaves this way, but I would consider that a bug.
Other editors and word processors do not.

BBedit has two settings, one remembers all the pervious windows so you
can resume working where you were, the other sets default positions
for new windows.  Seems reasonable.

--
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.