Good morning,

On 21/09/11 at 3:26 PM -0500, Chip Warden <chip.war...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2011, at 8:12 AM, Rich Siegel wrote:

Try Command-clicking on the zoom control (green button), which will
zoom the window to take up the full screen. That should do what you want.

No, it won't. What I want is to click the full-screen zoom button and
the window width to become the screen width. If I wanted to use the
zoom button in regular window mode, I'd already be doing that.

Did you actually try what Rich suggested? If so, why is that not satisfactory? The only effective difference I can see from full-screen mode is the menubar & titlebar are still present. And since you commented on needing full width (not full height) the presence of those shouldn't be a problem.

I didn't know about the "full" zoom; I learned something new and will probably find it quite useful.

Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt