On Sep 21, 2011, at 08:12, Rich Siegel wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2011, Chip Warden <chip.war...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I understand the rationale for this change, however, I wish it were
>> implemented more like Safari where the width could be reduced, ifdesired. I
>> frequently work with code in which the original programmerdidn't use any
>> sort of line length maximum, so I use full-screen tosee the entire line
>> length without wrapping.
>
> Try Command-clicking on the zoom control (green button), which will zoom the
> window to take up the full screen. That should do what you want.

My understanding right or wrong is that OP wanted the ability to zoom his
windows to full screen in full screen mode.  I don't believe there is a zoom
control on windows in full screen mode.

Personally I find full screen mode in Lion terribly obnoxious.  When I have to
wait almost 2 whole seconds for a process to finish doing what should take
place instantly the hydrophobia begins.  Although I like many of the features
in Lion I especially object to everything Apple has done that makes my very
fast computer seem slower than a WinTel box running Vista.

That said I think the change to full screen mode in BBEdit is a step in the
right direction, but I believe the user needs more control over window size and
position.

In normal screen mode it's easy to place BBEdit's windows right where you want
them.  I've been doing it for more than a decade.

This script will zoom the front window to full screen:

try
  tell application "Finder" to set screenBounds to desktop's window's bounds
  tell screenBounds to set its item 2 to ((its item 2) + 44)
  tell application "BBEdit" to tell its front window to set its bounds to
screenBounds
on error errMsg number errNum
  set {cr, sep} to {return, "------------------------------------------"}
  set e to sep & cr & "Error: " & errMsg & cr & sep & cr & "Error Number: " &
errNum & cr & sep
  beep
  display dialog e
end try

I have other scripts that resize and place windows just so, and these are bound
to keyboard shortcut for instant use.

I also have a utility called MercuryMover which gives me very fine-grained
control over window size and placement in every application.

--
Best Regards,
Chris