On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Nick <grizfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Smart SVN 7.0.5 installed

SmartSVN doesn't, I don't think, install the command line version of
Subversion (or, at least, it uses a private copy of svn that's not
accessible to the rest of the system).

> Using SmartSVN, I can connect to my repository and I've updated my local
> files from the repo. My main problem is that I can't find any reference to
> SVN/Subversion or any other source control option in BBEdit. […] When I fire
> up the terminal and type in any type of svn command, I get a command not
> found error. Could that be preventing BBEdit from enabling SVN/Subversion?

Yes, you need to have the Subversion client (the "svn" command)
installed somewhere that BBEdit can find it (in essence, in the
$PATH). If you're a member of Apple's Developer program ($99 per year
or thereabouts), the easiest way to get it is to download XCode 4.4
and install the "Command Line Tools" from its “Downloads” preferences
(which, among others, installs SVN and Git). Alternately you can look
at one of the options listed at
<http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html#osx>.

You might, incidentally, also want to have a look at
<http://http://versionsapp.com/> which has received a lot of praise
from Mac developers since it was released.

Cheers,
-link