Another thing to recognize: SmartSVN isn't SVN. It produces a Git repo
locally, thus your local meta-information is Git not SVN. It
essentially does this via doing an equivalent of `git svn clone` which
imports your SVN into a Git repo.  Thus it's not really surprising
that the SVN stuff doesn't show up in BBEdit.

You have three options from here ( + abandoning SmartSVN and just
using an SVN client):
1. Manage your checkout via SmartSVN like you started.
2. Manage your checkout via command-line Git.
3. Install the Git tools for BBEdit.  Do a quick search on BBEdit, Git
and Ruby (the bindings were done by the Ruby folks).

Personally, I prefer to use my native VCS tools, usually command-line
Git and Cornerstone for SVN. BBEdit's an awesome editor; while it has
VCS bindings, it's _an_editor_.

- Steve

PS - I think SmartSVN rocks.  Lets you have your organization on SVN
and give your users who insist on a graphical client have one, while
at the same time slowly migrating them to the benefits of a DVCS.