>You know how it is when you work scientific -- you have your fields
>herbicided, then, you no till in what you wish and throw the nitrogen to it.
>So, he is wondering how much work he will need to put into the fields doing
>things our way -- and what can he expect in the crops.  For instance, the
>corn -- it will have weeds -- or grasses -- no herbicides.  With little to no
>inputs over the years -- and the FB running for little over a year -- might
>we expect good crops.

wayne - I actually entered into a scenario like this at this time
last year. My goal was to roll the agro-chemical no-till farmer who
was leasing this land at the time that it became an enironmental
preserve into a prosperous biological farmer. Only after a few
conversations with him did I come to understand how distant his sense
of the land was and how foreign actually interacting with the
environment was for him. Even more to the point, he totally lacked
the inner voice that we organic growers have, the one that keeps you
in service to principle rather than in service to
the-normal-american-factory-time-reality. Eventually, he gave up. He
did give up before I did, but he gave up.

I'm told that Mid-West Bioag and some other ACRES-found consulting
companies have programs that make sense to chemical farmers. They
even have ways of letting them use their 'chemical boxes' to let down
some biological amendments.

I rented a house to a fellow who was totally onboard with me as far
as keeping the grounds biodynamic. I heard stories about him using
Seven, but discounted them. Later, I found his chemical stash. He was
putting shit down for diseases I've never heard of and from companies
I've never seen before. Another neighbor told me that she always grew
everything organically. (See 'Organic Horse Manure' says the bag) She
dosed everything with SEVEN. When I asked her about that she said
'Well, you don't expect me to live with BUGS, do you?" My point here
is that it's really different world's.

By the way, as a spiritual scientist, I guess I'm offended by your
use  of the word 'scientific agriculture,' eh?

Later