Michael,

Thank you for your perspective, far more eloquently expressed than mine.

I boil over these "human rights" issues, which I believe are often taken too
far.  We have many Black people in South Africa who want the Whites to
leave, as South Africa belongs to them.  Historical truth is that their
ancestors arrived at approximately the same time as the Europeans, and both
effectively eradicated the original inhabitants, the San Bushmen and Women.
So taking human rights to its logical conclusion, we should all leave,
re-invade North Africa and Europe, and return South Africa to the San.
Personally, I am 4th generation South African, so am an African as much as
my Black neighbour is (assuming that they are not American Africans of
course!).

At the end of the day, we all want our place under the sun.  The Jews
deserve theirs as much as the Palestinians.

Stephen Barrow