Dear Members of Bdnow,
It seems highly appropriate on Earth Day today to address this issue.
Perhaps I should be adding the OFF preface to these forwarded posts from
GlobalNews Mailing List.

I find the situation in theMiddle East "highly offensive" in the sense that
there are people on both "sides" there who are suffering because of their
outmoded beliefs, practices or fundamentalist zeal. I am not starting a
personal political discussion, Stephen, but am sending out already published
articles by media organizations.

Is there some way to practice spiritual agriculture on earth, anywhere on
earth, in a void or vacuum where we ignore the incendiary desperate plight
of our brothers and sisters? Agriculture in this country is certainly a
highly charged politically determined profession.

Are you happy to garden in your part of the world while the elementals,
devas, nature spirits are also under attack along with the human and animal
residents? Does this situation not inspire you to send as much loving energy
as possible?

I do not apologize for sending in reports which show both perspectives,
especially the least reported perspective by the mainstream media to those
of you who farm and garden. It seems to me that by being so close to nature
you are in the priveleged position to send out your fervent prayers directly
to the earth and sky spirits, all the loving intelligences of the universe
to ask for peace and love to reign on earth.

Peace on Earth and Love in our hearts, happy earth day to you all!
Jane