Title: Re: Mad cow update ect...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: Mad cow update ect...

Chris you wrote a bit ago.

I don't have the book here but RS wrote That if you feed cows meat the cows
will become deranged and you will get a mad heard.  From "Nutrition and
Stimulants" Lectures by Rudolf Steiner

It seems as though Rudolf Steiner's research has not left a permanent
impression on this group.

This is not taking anything away from Marks work, there is just more at work
than crude chemistry. BD hopefully focuses its attention on more subtle
energies that are much more elusive to typical modern thinking than looking
for the obvious material answers.(snip)

Hi Markess
I agree with Chris' wrting above - he just said it a lot nicer then me! It seems everybody is shooting from the hip on this one - understandable I guess given the situation in Canada.
>There are indeed many dis-eases that stem from feeding meat/by-pass protein - Jonies (sp?) etc.
You've instanced Johnies disease - we have it rampant in south east aussie at the moment, being treated as a quarantine and slaughter proposition except that the powers the be are not paying compensation, are inflicting the quarantine and have chosen to let the wasting disease take its course rather than paying slaughter compo - kind of starve em out. Sheep farmers are going broke everywhere over this.
It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with meat protein feeding - these are sheep run on open grazing country - grass fed animals! The fact that there is a huge soil imbalance problem (calcium is under 20% CEC in many of the worst areas) has escaped the scrutiny of officialdom, some farmers in the fine wool areas are loosing over 20% of their flock annually, while others that test infected but have decent soil test numbers are not experiencing mortalities much different than uninfected. Its a transmissable disease and there is a vaccine, no one has wanted to look at the soil mineral side of this . common factors are : extremely low calcium; acidity sufficient to make available aluminium high (enough to be detrimental to pasture growth); a long 50+years history of superphosphate fertiliser (high cadmium in early days)

>(from one of your earlier posts)The other & most important Manganese soars was downed Japanese bombers during the war providing the tribes with their first metal pots & pans. The metal a Alu & Mng alloy
???I thought the metal used in aircraft was aluminium - magnesium alloy - manganese is used extensively in steel making to bring hardness/toughness but aircraft are mostly made of the silver metals?

Cheers
Lloyd Charles