On Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:49:22 AM UTC-6, RobertCNelson wrote:

> Okay, quick update on this as i have the same K120 keyboard.  I'm
> seeing this same issue on 3.8/3.13/3.14 so I just blacklisted this
> device.
>
> Just run:
>
> cd /opt/scripts
> git pull
>
> to update the xinput script..

Robert,

I did this update and then undid the workaround (i.e. I uncommented the
display-setup-script line in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf).

Now I no longer get the calibration screen on startup and logout of LXDE,
however I lose my mouse pointer when I logout. The mouse pointer works on
reboot, but if I logout of LXDE I have no visible pointer on the login
screen or in LXDE after I log back in. The mouse does work and I can see
where it is because some items like the LXDE menu icons highlight when I
hover the mouse over them, but there is no onscreen pointer visible.
Clicking the mouse buttons work as expected when I can figure out where it
is pointing.

Is there anything else I can do to help pinpoint the problem?