The error message is probably misleading, I had it several times until I
realized that the native binary was not properly compiled for the am335x.
The file was indeed there at the location but it just would not load. The
problem can probably be solved by compiling the native binary for am335x.

The PureJavaComm documentation sais that - if you want to support other
platforms, you have to create a custom JTermios Wrapper for the ARM
platform. There's a section for it ('Adding more platforms') on the
website. Makre sure you build your libraries for arm with soft
floatingpoints.
http://www.sparetimelabs.com/purejavacomm/purejavacomm.php

Many APIs package the native binary inside their java jar and upon program
execution unzip it to a temp folder. That is a quite common practice, but I
found it to be error prone.