Jason,

/boot/uboot should have been nothing more than a mount point for
/dev/mmcblk0p1. Which is the fat16 formatted partition that u-boot.img,
MLO, and uEnv.txt reside.

/boot/uEnv.txt should be nothing more than . ..

*root@arm:~# cat /boot/uEnv.txt*
*uname_r=3.8.13-bone64.1*
*cmdline=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd*
*cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN*

Or something similar.