> *That's why we've been moving every "critical" file out of that partition.*
>
> * For the official lxde image, the fat partition will still be there,*
> * but NO critical boot files will exist in. (a windows user can add a*
> * 'uEnv.txt/boot.scr/boot/boot.*

*scr' and it will change the boot..*

* "In" theory, windows users should be able to re-format the drive too,*
* when it's shown in windows over the usb-gadget connection.*

It is kind of sad that this is even necessary. In the context that the BBB
is a dev board, and as such *some* knowledge / common sense should be
implied.