Hello again...

Never mind any of the stuff I previously mentioned regarding changing of
the kernel config parameters. The problem is rooted in my original comment
about the c_can driver. There is a patch that exists that solves this
problem. Unfortunately, it was inserted into the mainline kernel stream
later than the 3.8+ branch we are using on BeagleBone Black; and therefore,
the fix is not included in our kernel source. Take a look at this:

http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2013/11/27/64

If you have acquainted yourself with building the kernel for BBB, I would
suggest manually editing that c_can.c file with the changes shown in the
link above, rebuilding, and re-installing. That should fix your problem. It
did for me.

Good luck.