Am Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016 07:35:23 UTC+2 schrieb john3909:

> Why not use the A & B suffix? Surely this just needs modification to your
> regular expressions?

Just renaming doesn't solve the issue. There's just one P9_42 and the
features of P9_92 should get merged in to this pin. Check the libpruio
overlay on how to handle this in a save manner.

But the point is: both (cape_universal and libpruio overlays) are just bad
workarounds. They load a lot of pin configurations in kernel space memory,
while just a few are used. A full featured dtbo file (67 header pins) has
135140 bytes. Handling all that pre-configurations slows down boot time and
blocks a lot of kernel memory. And finally the configuration necessary for
a special usecase is still missing.

>From my point of view the kernel driver pinctrl-single should get patched:

   1. It should protect the system (when one CPU ball gets set, the other
   should automatically get in input state - for CPU balls connected to P9_41
   and P9_42).
   2. It should get an API in /sys/devices/ocp to set any pin configuration
   (as stated in our March discussion
   <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/ZTKntXOXGyc/GLBOQ2r5BQAJ>).

This API would be the correct basis for Williams web interface (and for
config-pin or libpruio pinmuxing).

BR

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9ff475ab-0f97-4fc0-906c-49d989b8ef8a%40googlegroups.com.