Thanks Charles. Read this last night, and been meaning to thank you for the
information. But kept getting sidetracked . .. gpio-of-helper, I have not
been able to find decent documentation on that, but I have not looked
recently. Probably somewhere in linux/documentation/ . . .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORp6v2fP1KiTok3COnZ-6opvURcmr1k0ioDmRcjaMP4Z3w%40mail.gmail.com.