On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Sebastián Sáez <otra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> I attach my circuit. It's connected to P9_22 with a pullup 4.7K resistor.
> Now I'm trying with BBGW-blank-debian-8.5-seeed-iot-armhf-2016-06-19-4gb
>
> I try with this module from this tutorial
> <http://mkaczanowski.com/one-wire-ds1820-thermometer-with-beaglebone-black-libmicrohttpd/>
> :
>
> /dts-v1/;
>> /plugin/;
>>
>> / {
>>     compatible = "ti,beaglebone", "ti,beaglebone-black";
>>     part-number = "BB-W1";
>>     version = "00A0";
>>
>>     /* state the resources this cape uses */
>>     exclusive-use =
>>         /* the pin header uses */
>>         "P9.22",
>>         /* the hardware IP uses */
>>         "gpio0_2";
>>
>>     fragment@0 {
>>                target = <&am33xx_pinmux>;
>>                __overlay__ {
>>                     dallas_w1_pins: pinmux_dallas_w1_pins {
>>                         pinctrl-single,pins = < 0x150 0x37 >;
>>                     };
>>                };
>>     };
>>
>>     fragment@1 {
>>                target = <&ocp>;
>>                __overlay__ {
>>                onewire@0 {
>>                    compatible      = "w1-gpio";
>>                    pinctrl-names   = "default";
>>                    pinctrl-0       = <&dallas_w1_pins>;
>>                    status          = "okay";
>>
>>                    gpios = <&gpio1 2 0>;
>>                };
>>          };
>>     };
>> };
>

> I notice that the bone_capemgr from /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots to
> /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
>
> I can't found the w1 kernel module at  /sys/bus/w1/devices/DEVICE_
> ID/w1_slave
>

> regards,
> Sebastián

You device tree file is wrong. First lets look at this compared to your
file:
https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/BB-W1-P9.12-00A0.dts#L25-L27

    exclusive-use =
        /* the pin header uses */
        "P9.22",
        /* the hardware IP uses */
        "gpio0_2";

should be:

    exclusive-use =
        /* the pin header uses */
        "P9.22";

The comment is also wrong, but whatever, it shouldn't hurt anything.

Second:

fragment@1 {
               target = <&ocp>;
               __overlay__ {
               onewire@0 {
                   compatible      = "w1-gpio";
                   pinctrl-names   = "default";
                   pinctrl-0       = <&dallas_w1_pins>;
                   status          = "okay";

                   *gpios = <&gpio1 2 0>;*
               };

The code in bold is wrong. The gpio bank for this pin is bank0:

*gpios = <&gpio0 2 0>; *would be the correct assignment.

Lastly, your overlay "compatible" assignment is wrong for your board. It
should look like this:

https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/BB-W1-P9.12-00A0.dts#L18

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoDTN4CKWmFHxROnvNj5yX9DXs3owMYwOnFJrQ8s6yM4g%40mail.gmail.com.