Oh man...what a moron I am.

I unplugged the USB device and put the card into the connector you
mentioned. Even without me holding down the boot button, it seems to be
the 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 flashing of the LEDs...will report back when that's done.

Thanks, Gerald.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1dff17bb-187f-45d3-ae54-89f0fdc4b082%40googlegroups.com.