I think I have a similar question in that I'm hoping to develop an
application (as much of a software defined radio application as I can cram
into this platform) which utilizes the C66 DSP's on the BB-X15.  I'm trying
to converge on a process for developing a TI RTOS application for the C66's
on the BB-X15 which is compatible with the BB Debian distro running on the
A15's.  More on this later, hopefully.

I imagine you've already stumbled upon the following, but it seems like a
good starting point.

https://e2e.ti.com/support/processors/f/791/t/765821.

Also google all of the examples on of PRU applications .  My guess is that
may also shed some light on how to develop and debug code for the other
processors on the Sitara SOC of interest.

I just received a USB100V2 JTAG cable, and I hope to start hacking on this
on my BB-X15 in my spare time. I have a lot of questions on how this works,
and I will post up when I think I have something worthwhile or relevant..

Also, please post up as you make progress as I imagine there are others
wanting guidance on developing applications on the other processors on the
SOC and interfacing Linux to them.  There's not a lot of postings on the
C66 or M4..