On Wednesday 04 July 2001 20:36, Steve Howard wrote:
> I would think this is hardly a place for this type of editorial comment on
> OS. Without even trying to answer this question, I will say that Windows
> does provide a good environment for development. I have found few people
> who have tried more than superficially to understand the cause of problems
> with Windows, but I have worked with it long enough that I find that
> "Windows crap" is seldom the real answer.
>
> However, a discussion of OS's would be about like a political discussion,
> and I think is certainly out of place here. I'd much rather stay to the
> programming issues.
>
> Steve H.

Well you found one here ,  I've worked with it since the first version ,  in
fact I work with it daily , it's how I earn my daily bread.  You can not
separate  it's shortcommings from the question posed about  UID .  I see you
offered no advice to the poster other than to rake me over the coals for
daring to sugest that the problem lies with the selected OS not the Perl
scripts.

I was not  trying to force my opion on any one , and I was  trying to help
out the guy ,  Though I only been  posting here for a few  times I got the
impression that this form was not owned and operated for the bennifit of  the
Windows community or the Linux/Unix community .  I would just as easly
pointed out a fault in Unix/linux if there existed one relevent to  the
question at hand.

My  stance on O/S's is use which ever one does the job your trying to
accomplish. Same with Scripting langauages or hardware.  Just what is your
problem  bud ? Instead of attacking me why don't you sugest how this problem
might be resolved ?  do you realy know any thing other than how to start a
flame war ?

Greg

20 year computer programer
Perl  novice  and  advancing .