> I understand what you are saying but I would have to include
> the path, the @INC thing, to the "use
> WhateverTheHeckICallTheModule qw(emailx);".

No you wouldn't not if you install it via cpan (IE it's in a standard directory
already in @INC)
Same with any other module, Net::SMTP, Mail::Sender,

> This would affect command line and mod_perl. If I put the
> WhateverTheHeckICallTheModule in the current dir, it works
> fine for the command line. For mod_perl, I would need to put
> it in a startup script or something which I have read but not
> sure how to do it.
>
> I just rather not bother at this time unless you can give me
> an example of how to add the path to @INC and do I need to
> define the @INC in each file?

 use lib qw(/path/to/modules1 /path/to/modules2 /etc/etc);
 use FunnyLocationModuleThatIsInADirectoryListedAbove;

> Also, if you know how to include it for the mod_perl.
>
> thanks,
> -rkl

No prob, having fun with the long fake module names!

DMuey