Derek
             Smith/Staff/OhioH
             ealth                                                      To
                                       <beginners-cgi@perl.org>
             10/12/2005 05:52                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       implementing links on a system
                                       command output

I have written a CGI Perl program that allows my users to view relevant
data.
The data is produced by a Unix application command and I have told it to
write to a intranet page that looks like:

|------|
| ( )  |
|------|All-Clients
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|Backup-Tapes
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|PACS-Fuji
|------|
| (*)  |
|------|Heartlab
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|StreamLine-Health
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|Archiver-Status
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|Tape-Drive-Status
|------|
| ( )  |
|------|Tape-Capacity

fs_heartlab.1

sort:path

media: sg

Volumes:

H01190

H01191

H01192

H01193

Total space available: 74.0G

What I want to do now is create a link using CGI Perl for each H string
that will pull a different data set either on a new page or on the same
page embedded.
Originally I just created another radio button for the new data set, but
there will be 6 different views (6 different  strings) and I already have 7
buttons (minus the Tape-Capacity button) and I do not want to "button out"
myself or the users.

I looked in the CGI Programming with Perl and saw an entry in there on page
269 referencing access.conf and in access.conf you enter a line with

Action Tracker /cgi/track.cgi

Can anyone help?

thx
derek