On Friday October 14 2005 11:21 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>              Derek
>              Smith/Staff/OhioH
>              ealth                                                      To
>                                        <beginners-cgi@perl.org>
>              10/12/2005 05:52                                           cc
>              PM
>                                                                    Subject
>                                        implementing links on a system
>                                        command output

> I have written a CGI Perl program that allows my users to view relevant
> data.
> The data is produced by a Unix application command and I have told it to
>
> write to a intranet page that looks like:
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|All-Clients
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|Backup-Tapes
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|PACS-Fuji
> |------|
> | (*)  |
> |------|Heartlab
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|StreamLine-Health
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|Archiver-Status
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|Tape-Drive-Status
> |------|
> | ( )  |
> |------|Tape-Capacity
>
> fs_heartlab.1
>

> sort:path
>

> media: sg
>

> Volumes:
>

> H01190
>

> H01191
>

> H01192
>

> H01193
>

> Total space available: 74.0G
>

> What I want to do now is create a link using CGI Perl for each H string
> that will pull a different data set either on a new page or on the same
> page embedded.
> Originally I just created another radio button for the new data set, but
> there will be 6 different views (6 different  strings) and I already have 7
> buttons (minus the Tape-Capacity button) and I do not want to "button out"
> myself or the users.
>
> I looked in the CGI Programming with Perl and saw an entry in there on page
> 269 referencing access.conf and in access.conf you enter a line with
>
> Action Tracker /cgi/track.cgi
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> thx
> derek
>
> Derek B. Smith
> OhioHealth IT
> UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams

> Can anyone respond please ????

I'm not getting your problem ...  The page you referenced in that book refers
to setting up the Apache web server to handle  state saving  extra path info.
basicaly your linking a requested url to a  cgi script. at the server level.

have fun , me I'd just make  each string produced into  a clickable link that
would produce another page directly.

Greg