On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:26:38PM -0400, Steve wrote:
:
: A newbie question on getting modules automatically from CPAN.
:
: I us the following line:
:
: perl -MCPAN -e shell;
:
: I get stuck when it wants to know what mirror I want to download
: from.  What format should this be in.  The man pages say Continent,Country,
: etc but no matter what I enter I am told it is wrong.

Why don't you try this next time:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Module::Foo'

when you run this, if you haven't configured CPAN yet, it will ask you
to auto configure it.  That way, next time you want to install modules
you don't have to try it the hard way.  Not to mention the above
command eliminates the need ( in most cases ) of going to the CPAN
shell.

Enjoy!

--
Casey West