After reading someone's comment about problems with CPAN, I noticed I was
suddenly having the same problem. Here is the solution:

If you are trying to grab modules from ftp.cpan.org the path has apparently
changed from what CPAN thinks it is. You need to go to
$PERLROOT/lib/perl5/$VERSION/CPAN and edit Config.pm. Change the urllist
value from ftp://ftp.cpan.org/CPAN to ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN (Notice
the addition of the pub directory).

I tried unsuccessfully to change this from within CPAN using 'o conf push
ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN' just in case anyone was wondering ;-)

Michael D. Risser
Java Developer
Machine Vision Products, Inc.
760-438-1138 ext 107
-- Due to the current economic situation, the light at the end of the tunnel
will be turned off until further notice.