Hey Nick,

NT> Ok,     I am running windows 2000, I have perl, but I do not know
NT> which  distribution, I do not think that it is activestate's
NT> however. I searched by  drive and found ppm in a folder in the
NT> perl folder, but there is no  executable and I do not know how to
NT> run it at the dos command line. I have  downloaded a tar file of
NT> the module I want, but there is no PPD or XML file  like is
NT> described in the documentation for ppm. I do have a c compiler
NT> however. Please help. Thanks,

Bring up a command prompt and type "perl -v" that will tell you what
version you are running. Hopefully it is in your path...

You could also try typing ppm at the command prompt to see what
happens...  If it runs, type search The_Module_you_want, then when it
returns pick what you want and type install The_Module.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! eMail v1.53d