From: Rob Dixon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 2:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Top-posting

Scott E Robinson wrote:

> Randal wrote:
> >
> > Scott E Robinson wrote:
> >
> > > (And, sorry for the top-posting.  I haven't figured out how to fix

> > > that!)
> >
> > Uh, press the down arrow about a dozen times.  How *hard* is that?
>
> Lotus Notes adds a header to the top of the note which I *can* cut and

> paste to the bottom.  It does not do the indentation with '>'
> characters that seems to be preferred.

Yep. Microsoft email clients are similarly distinctive! It doesn't help
that Unix pundits claim the email ground as their own, but I tend to
agree with their conclusion: that bottom-posting is best but with ad-hoc
formatting.

I have taken to copying messages into my text editor as there is no
email client that I know that can do what I want. Until I write it, that
is :)

Rob