On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:45:09 -0500, Paul Kraus wrote:
> I don't see why it matters how you send your message.

Please don't take this too hard, but it seems like you haven't been in the
"game" long enough to understand _why_ there are rules on how one should
keep an discussion going.

There are _way_ too many _good_ reasons why one should _not_ top post.  I
don't bother repeating them, as a quick search on Google will give you the
obvious answers.

> This is not a news group. It may propagate but its not a news group.

It _is_ a newsgroup.

> It is a pain in the ass to have to remember to change the way I send a
> message based on the fact its going to the group.

Please explain _why_ you have to "remember how to send a message".  Is it
like this when you speak with different persons, too?  You have to
remember to speak differently to one of them?

> My company uses outlook.

Too bad.  There have been times in the past when I was forced to use that
"software", but I still managed to follow the rules;  I just deleted the
crap Outlook inserted in my replies, moved to the end of the message and
then wrote my reply.

> You would think that the world was going to end because somebody was
> upset they didn't get to scroll through 500 posts.

Quoting is a nice thing.  It's a thing top posters don't care about,
though;  One should only keep what's relevant from the original post when
replying to one.  That way you _don't_ have to scroll past that many posts
to find out what the thread is all about.

--
Tore Aursand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>