Rob Dixon wrote:

> Scott E Robinson wrote:
> >
> > Randal wrote:

> > > Uh, press the down arrow about a dozen times.  How *hard* is that?
> >
> > Lotus Notes adds a header to the top of the note which I *can* cut and
> > paste to the bottom.  It does not do the indentation with '>' characters
> > that seems to be preferred.
>
> Yep. Microsoft email clients are similarly distinctive! It doesn't help
> that Unix pundits claim the email ground as their own, but I tend to
> agree with their conclusion: that bottom-posting is best but with ad-hoc
> formatting.
>
> I have taken to copying messages into my text editor as there is no email
> client that I know that can do what I want. Until I write it, that is :)
>
> Rob

Have you tried Netscape 4.x?  I've been using it for five years now, got my first
legitimately free browser the day they announced free distribution.  I use NS 7.x
for browsing, but I wouldn't touch it for mail, given the IM virus that come
inextricably with these versions of the mailer.  In all the time I have used it, no
virus has ever successfully invaded my machine other than through my own imprudent
action in clicking on executtables of unknown origin.  Sometimes newer and more
feature-rich is anything but better.

That application, by default, also begins replies placing the cursor above the
quoted text, but it provides options of posting after and selecting.  My current
option is selecting the entire quoted text.  The message window also has a
srollbar, so moving to any desired spot in the message is also easy.

Joseph