--On Wednesday, November 5, 2003 8:00 PM +0000 Rob Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alan Perry wrote:

Rob Dixon wrote:

I have taken to copying messages into my text editor as there is
no email client that I know that can do what I want. Until I
write it, that is :)

Someone has saved you the trouble... There is a program called Quotefix that will clean up your stuff and do the "bottom posting" as so many seem to prefer here. Seems to work very well for 99% of the messages it encounters.

Thanks Alan. That sort of thing would be my goal, except that 'Quotefix' has a memory leak problem and crashes even Windows XP after a few days' run. In W9x/ME it's fatal after only a few hours because of the limited virtual address space.

Well, if that is what you are looking for, I would suggest you take a look at Mulberry. It can shift, unquote, requote and rewrap lines for you. (As well as my favorite 'paste quoted'.) Just look under the 'Draft' menu. Avalible for Mac, Unix(Linux and Solaris) and Windows.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.