Denzil Kruse wrote:
I have a bunch of old email addresses in a database and would like
to make sure they are deliverable before I try to send anything to
them.

<snip>

Does anyone have any ideas or just point me in the right direction?

I'd say: Forget it. You can't find out whether an email address is deliverable without asking the mail server of that address, i.e. trying to send a message. What you can do is testing if the domain/host has an MX record. And you can of course test the syntax, but that's it.

Why don't you just send a message and ask the recipients to confirm
that they are still reading their messages to respective address?
Because you are not going to send any unsolicited crap anyway, right?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson