Gunnar Hjalmarsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'd say: Forget it. You can't find out whether
>an email address is deliverable without asking
>the mail server of that address, i.e.
>trying to send a message. What you can do is
>testing if the domain/host has an MX record.
>And you can of course test the syntax, but
>that's it.

Okay, that sounds like Mail::Verify then.

>Why don't you just send a message and ask the
>recipients to confirm that they are still reading
>their messages to respective address?

That's what we started doing, and about 60% of them
are undeliverable.

>Because you are not going to send any unsolicited
>crap anyway, right?

No, it's an old program that has been in limbo for a
while and we wanted to contact the people that are
still signed up and let them know it is out of limbo.

Thanks for the help, I'll probabaly give the Verify a
try then.

Denzil