Chris Devers wrote:

>>CGI is a module, earlier
>>wrote and stored in a separate files. I don't mean such objects.
>> >>

>And Python objects live where -- the sky? The stars?

To create $cgi = new CGI you should make declaration "use CGI", shouldn't you? I meant only this

>>Python and Ruby don't write the code for me. But look at this Python code:
>>
>>s = "I am Perl guru";
>>new_s = s.replace("Perl", "Python");
>> >>

>No, you're using Python's built in string operators. Perl has them too:

Python doc quotation:
"2.3.6.1 String Methods
replace( old, new[, count])

Return a copy of the string with all occurrences of substring old replaced by new. If the optional argument count is given, only the first count occurrences are replaced.
"

> $s = "I am a Perl guru";
> ( $new_s = $s ) =~ s/perl/python/;
>
>Remark, no additional modules.

Agreed, but this is RE approach. This is supported by Python/Perl, but I meant another thing (hope you understand me).

>You haven't come across eval{...} yet, have ya? >
>The differences among Perl, Python, and Ruby are mostly semantic -- each
>of them can accomplish all the same tasks, but they wrap up the way to
>implement these tasks in ever-so-slightly different syntax. But so what?

Agreed. I am against the blacking of these languages expressed by Mr. Randal.