In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Devers) writes:
>Please use a more descriptive subject line.
>
>On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Bob Gordon wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to remove a mirror from the list that CPAN uses?  I
>> would like to remove ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu from the list as it
>> keeps timing out....
>
>Do you have a file at ~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm ?
[snip]
>All you have to do is find and edit the 'urllist' declaration line.

It's intended to be easier than that.  Assuming that the offending mirror
is first in the list (or it would be unlikely for it to be a problem):

perl -MCPAN -e shell
o conf urllist shift
# Optionally, replace it with another one via:
  o conf urllist unshift http://new.mirror.com/CPAN
o conf commit

Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/