Ok, I have a "sane compiler" toolset installed on my development server, but
NOT on several servers on which I want Perl.  (Where the development and
production servers are the same architecture.)

Can I build & install Perl on my development server, and then just
distribute it as a tarball to the production servers?

What about installation of custom Perl modules?  How can these be integrated
into my custom distribution on the production servers without a compiler
toolset on the production servers?  Can they?

I hope this wasn't too vague/broad a question.  Please interrogate if more
info is needed.

Thanks..!

Karl K.